I have been having conversations around the net about the public domain and claiming copyrights over things that you did not author nor create, And it got me to thinking…I have a considerable amount of public domain books and pictures and such on my hard drives so I was perusing one of my drives and found a copy of the new york times with the front page noting the end of the first world war…Imagery from the past can do nothing but inspire the future. The image is below. Hope you enjoy it..
The English Blog: Kal Cartoon: The Special Relationship. I study the artwork of combat artists and cartoonist quite extensively. This blog is a great resource for learning resources.
So much great stuff for all ages and so little time….hmm
What an awesome…did I use that phrase…place to view and enjoy the techniques of other artist, there fenre and techniques. This is really fantastic!
- Sketchbooks Done! (sketchesandjottings.wordpress.com)
- The Sketchbook Project (louloucestmoi.wordpress.com)
- Random Sketchbook practice (studiofortyseven.me)
- Amman, Jordan Sketchbook! (ramblingsofanartist.wordpress.com)
- then your life becomes a travelogue (andreajoseph24.blogspot.com)
- Sketchbook work (tactualtextiles.wordpress.com)
- my creative process for MONOCHROMATIC and the sketchbook project 2012 world tour (desireeeast.wordpress.com)
- Analog Artist in a Digital World (sketchesandjottings.wordpress.com)
- Roll up! Roll up! Come and see the amazing bearded lady (oops no, that was my last post) (andreajoseph24.blogspot.com)
- what am i doing here? (andreajoseph24.blogspot.com)
I always find this mans articles entertaining and as a legal scholar , more then educational.
- Copyright Sage Bill Patry On What Content Owners Should Do Now (paidcontent.org)
- Bill Patry Guest-Blogging (volokh.com)
- Copyright is Not in the Machine: Book Review – William Patry’s How To Fix Copyright (copyrightlitigation.blogspot.com)
- The Cost Of Free Culture BY ROBERT LEVINE (worldmediatrend.wordpress.com)
- Patry’s How to Fix Copyright: deftly argued, incandescent book on the evidence-free state of copyright law (boingboing.net)
- paidContent Book Review: How To Fix Copyright (paidcontent.org)
- More on Pinterest and copyright (technollama.co.uk)
This is about someone attempting to gain copyright over public domain images. I have written extensively on this in different places…It is pure unadulterated bullshit. Summertown sun has nothing that I have seen, when comparing to the originals that can or does give them copyright over any of the images I tested. To continue the hype…you suck summertown.
- Thomas Hawk Digital Connection ” Blog Archive ” So Who Sucks Worse, Summertown Sun Publishing or Flickr? (useablestuff.wordpress.com)
- Captain Easy 001 (Argo Pub) (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- My Pal Dizzy 01 (Metropolitan Print) (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Strong Man Archives (ME) -corrected (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Pictorial Romances 012 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Crime Must Pay The Penalty 028 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Pictorial Romances 013 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Pictorial Romances 014 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Pictorial Romances 016 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
- Pictorial Romances 015 -JVJ (digitalcomicmuseum.com)
As an artist, there are many things I believe one should do. But, by far the two most import are to draw everyday as much as possible and to study something in the genre’ as well. This mans work is so fantastic. His marker illustrations and what appear to be storyboards are worth buying by themselves.